Events are displayed chronologically. Use the keyword search tool to build a custom list view. Events are searchable by type (ex. networking, virtual, conference etc.), Missouri region and content area.
If you’d like to have an event added to our calendar, please email email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
School Food Waste
February 23 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Food waste is an issue in America – more than a third of the food we produce goes into the trash while 1 in 8 Americans are food insecure. Our K-12 schools are in a prime position to help tackle this problem through education in the classroom and action in the lunchroom.
Join K-State’s Pollution Prevention Institute and our panel of speakers on Feb. 23, 2023, as we explore school food waste.
By the end of this free webinar, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding on the significance of food waste.
- Hear from three Kansas schools about their waste journey.
- Learn about the tools you can use to prevent and divert food waste from landfills.
- Have an opportunity to ask questions in a concluding Q&A session.
Our panel includes:
- Jacob Larson, Pollution Prevention Institute.
- Leigh Anne Neal, Shawnee Mission School District.
- Leilani Grey, Topeka Collegiate School.
- Jessica McMinn, OPAA, representing Baxter Springs Public Schools.
Can’t make the webinar? Recordings will be available on the www.youtube.com/channel/UCZmMJzC-lM2lzX9A_ROge8AC-lM2lzX9A_ROge8A .
If you have questions or issues with registration, please email Jacob Larson, firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance.