Events are displayed chronologically. Use the keyword search tool to build a custom list view. Events are searchable by type (ex. networking, virtual, conference etc.), Missouri region and content area.
If you’d like to have an event added to our calendar, please email email@example.com.
- This event has passed.
Caring for the Brain Health of Our Communities Application Session #1
September 29 @ 4:00 pm - 4:30 pmFree
The Community Foundation of the Ozarks is partnering with Burrell Behavioral Health to bring the Be Well Community to our nonprofits and rural schools through two unique training series.
Brain health is a foundational component of human health and wellness. Just like breathing, we constantly feel and experience emotions. The world we live in and our experiences directly affect us and our families, work, organizations and communities. Despite all that we know about their importance, brain health and emotional wellness are often avoided, minimized or neglected altogether. Burnout levels are at all-time high and, with five generations of employees in the workforce, a vast range of experiences and expectations arrive at work. As systems, we are no longer able to ignore the demand for emotionally intelligent leadership.
Both tracks feature one-hour training sessions each month, followed a few weeks later by a 30-minute application session, across a six-month period. Each session will cover a topic of brain health and emotional wellness tailored for the nonprofit and education communities.
Rural schools track: September 2022–March 2023 (see full schedule below)
Please consider engaging your entire workplace in these sessions and committing to attend every session. When team members have the shared knowledge and language of brain health, it makes it much easier to support and care for each other and those we serve.
- Education Session 1: Tuesday, Sept. 13, 4–5 p.m.
- Application Session 1: Thursday Sept. 29, 4–4:30 p.m.
- Education Session 2: Tuesday, Oct. 11, 4–5 p.m.
- Application Session #2: Thursday, Oct. 27, 4–4:30 p.m.
- Education Session #3: Tuesday, Nov. 8, 4–5 p.m.
- Application Session #3: Thursday, Dec. 1, 4–4:30 p.m.
- Education Session #4: Tuesday, Jan. 10, 4–5 p.m.
- Application Session #4: Thursday, Jan. 26, 4–4:30 p.m.
- Education Session #5: Tuesday, Feb. 7, 4–5 p.m.
- Application Session #5: Thursday, Feb. 23, 4–4:30 p.m.
- Education Session #6: Tuesday, March 7, 4–5 p.m.
- Application Session #6: Thursday, March 30, 4–4:30 p.m.